Mabuhay! I'm Grace from the Philippines. This is my travel diary.

Monday, April 4, 2011

My Hometown's Grandeur

-->
I spent more than half of my life living in Montalban, Rizal and I perfectly know that this, my hometown, has so many beautiful things to offer. Travellers and tourists will never forget the beauty of nature Mother Earth has given to my little town. Just check some of these photos of places and destinations that might interest you when you visit Montalban one of these days.

Destination 1: Wawa Dam

            Wawa Dam was constructed under the American supervisions in 1909. It provided water supply to nearby Metro Manila for almost six decades but the operation stops in 1960’s because of deterioration of water supply. Wawa Dam became Montalban’s grandest tourists’ destination since then.

very nice. gorgeous.
Me and my hubby beneath the cascading waters of Wawa Dam




kudos to the photographer. very nice shot.

Montalban gorge- a narrow passage to unknown paradise. Well, that is according to my prof.

Destination 2: Pamitinan Cave

            Pamitinan Cave is a historical place because it served as a refuge and a meeting place for the Katipuneros. It has been said that the first proclamation of the Philippine Independence took place at Pamitinan Cave on April 12, 1895.  Gat Andres Bonifacio even wrote the phrases "Viva La Independencia Filipina" on the cave wall. However, the event was merely informal so historians stuck to the idea that the first Philippine Independence took place at Kawit, Cavite and presided by Emilio Aguinaldo. 

 





Destination 3: Avilon Zoo

            I may have a separate post for this topic. I've been in this place twice and I must say, the place is worth paying a visit.  Anyway check some photos of Avilon.











Photos from:
Leo Alejandro
Randy Bagsik
Joseph Cheng
Kate Lucero
animagiLLOYD
blottingINK
zerofunk

No comments:

Post a Comment