Mabuhay! I'm Grace from the Philippines. This is my travel diary.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Exploring Avilon Zoo


Well, this is it! I said I may have a separate entry for Avilon Zoo (see My Hometown's Grandeur) and I never expected that before doing so, my family and I went to Avilon Zoo last April 21. This is my third time visiting the zoo. The last time I set foot on its ground was like seven years ago. Indeed, the transformation was so impressive I wanna give two thumbs up for the well-maintained amenities and the zoo's newest attractions. (The comfort rooms are clean, thanks!)

Avilon Zoo is located at Barangay San Isidro, Rodriguez, Rizal. The zoo is open from Monday to Sunday at 8 a.m. until 5 p.m, including regular holidays. It houses lots of native flora and fauna but I think most of the inhabitants there are originated from outside the ‘Pines. By the way, Avilon means "land of birds". However, birds are not the only main attractions there. There are also lots of exotic animals at Avilon Zoo  like Bengal tigers, lions, sun bear, hyenas, wallaby, wolves, emu, fishes (like my personal favorite, Arapaima) and a lot more. I've heard from our tour guide that in no time, the zoo will be housing big animals like elephant, giraffe and zebra. 

THE ADVENTURE


We arrived at past 9 in the morning. (Tips: You must arrive early so that you'll be able to enjoy the place in gentle sun rays. Plus, bring with you a bottle of mineral water, wear walking shorts and comfortable footwear and just carry light baggage when you rove the 7.5 hectare zoo -unless you want your feet ache and gasp for breath because of exhaustion, get it?. Most importantly, DO NOT forget your cameras!)

This is not the  main entrance gate. 
I didn't know why they're not using the main one.
A good view of the lagoon
The turista!. (L-R Above -Felix, my hubby Leo, Me, Ate Janice, Tinay, Mama, and Madel.
 L-R Below- Bryan, baby Saab, Miriam and Papa)

Then we were greeted by a splendid lagoon, a ticket booth and a friendly security guard when we entered the zoo. The small entrance gate was not so impressive for a huge place like Avilon Zoo. I hope the management uses the main gate instead. Entrance fee is Php 300/pax. Infants are free, of course. We were ten people that time, plus my 6-month old daughter, Saab. At the pavilion, we were asked if we wanted to rove by ourselves or hire a tour guide (with an additional Php 400). Definitely, we didn't only want to sight-see but to learn as well so we hired a female tour guide. But I guessed most of the people I'm with didn't remember every facts and details the tour guide had told us about animals and stuffs. lol. xD

Here are our photos inside Avilon Zoo. Enjoy!


Face-off!










Leo, Trixie and Me

In some areas, cameras are not allowed. Among those include areas for primates and apes, reptiles, arachnids and wild cats. I just love to take photos of the meerkats which my Saab adored so much but it’s not allowed. Sayang. *sigh*








I so love feeding the Arapaimas...


 
... and those adorable hamsters. The carrot was gone in  less than 3 minutes!
After more than two hours of exploring the place, we were all wear out but satisfied. I hope that you may be able to visit Avilon Zoo for an extraordinary experience for you and your family. I assure you kids will love that place. Ciao!

Always a happy family. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment